In 2016, Betahaus asked us to develop a basic Workshop of WordPress to teach members on the coworking. The movement was called “Members teach Members”. In this scenario, Víctor Santacreu prepared a workshop defined in two masterclasses: 2 days, four hours by day. The workshop is divided into a 25% theory and 75% of practice. 34 students.
We prepared a presentation divided on two days.
The skeleton was:
- What is WordPress and what is for?
- Installation environment
- Download and Configuration of a theme. What is a theme?
- What is a plugin
- Widgets: what are and their function
- Navigation menus
- Pages, Posts, differences between them – also categories and tags-
- Shortcodes: what are and examples
- User management and roles
- Creation of forms: using plugin
- FrontPage / HomePage: difference between them and what are for
- Improve performance: cache plugin and technical explanation
- Web upload to production
The first day of the workshop we taught the first 9 points.
The students are interested in How to install WordPress, what are the differences between posts and pages? We learned a lot about themes, installed one and configured it. We explained what and why plugins are important and also a little bit of history of WordPress.
The elementals concepts of this class: WordPress, posts, pages, categories, tags, plugins, widgets.
— Ebavs (@ebavs) October 5, 2016
The second day was a little more complex and difficult.
We explained what’s the difference between Homepage and Frontpage, configure both of them and put it online altogether. We continue on the basis of caching and why is good how to measure page speed and we see a difference between load page without cache and with a cache.
— Ebavs (@ebavs) October 6, 2016
Finally, we move our project to production: migration BBDD, upload to real.
Thanks a lot for this opportunity Betahaus, was really amazing taught people and learn from them.